Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite has released a new trailer, story mode trailer #3 which showcases some improvements to character models and teases upcoming characters; Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Jedah, Firebrand and some surprises such as Symbiotic Spider-Man. This information has been released just before the upcoming Gamescom in Germany
Additionally a press release image has been posted via twitter which details and breaks down the base, standard version, game modes at launch. The modes listed seem to be quite vast, having all the options down in the base game; something that both Vanilla MVC3 and Street Fighter V lacked upon their initial releases.
- Story Mode – players face off against Ultron Sigma using characters from both universes.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – Go head-to-head against other players locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode.
- Ranked Match – Battle other players online to advance in rank
- Casual Match – Battle players online without results affecting ranking
- Beginners League – A special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower
- Lobby – Search or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Replay settings – configure replay settings and view replays
Character Models, Character Faces, Have Been Fixed! They Fixed Chun Li and Chris Before Gamescom!
Chun Li and Chris Redfield got a ton of press for their appearance in the Story Mode Demo which release during E3 2017. However, it appears that Ono’s criticisms, along with the fanbase’s, have been heard and dealt with.
However, what about Dante? Still looking like a Meth Head…
Jokes aside, this is a great step forward. You can see the trailer below. I’m increasing more excited for the upcoming Gamescom to see these characters in action. Still, I do miss the character specific trailers of MVC3, but then again, we didn’t get a story mode in that game.
Between Dr.Light, Dr.Light’s Collection Mode, and This Scene From Story Mode Trailer #3, I’m Dying From The Mega Man X Love